Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Playing Through tLoZ: Majora's Mask All Over Again Pt. 1

 So recently I've decided to play through The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask all over again. The last time I played through the game and completed it, I was about 12 or 13 years old, and now I'm 25. Just recently I downloaded the game onto my Wii purchased with points I earned from the Nintendo Club. I started a game on it a few days back, and I was flooded with memories from my previous play-through. But I was shocked to realize that there were many things I had forgotten. So it's like I'm playing anew all over again!
 The beginning was fairly easy. You're stuck in the town as a Deku scrub until you can pass various trials to leave the town. And from there, you're off to the Southern Swamp to conquer the first main temple. There you have to clear an innocent monkey's name, who was accused of kidnapping the Deku Princess. Upon completing the swamp level, you save the Princess.
 I just recently completed the mountain area, where you meet the Gorons and take on the role of their local hero, Darmani. Now, that level I had completely forgotten how to play. It had been so long, I didn't remember most of it at all. I'm not going to lie, it took me a while to finish that level...I just went in circles over and over again, until finally I figured it all out. Once I figured it out, it was like a face-palm moment... It was like "Well...duh...of coarse THAT was what I was supposed to do!!!"
 The place I left off on was recovering my horse, Epona, from Romani Ranch, and now it's off to the ocean, to complete that stage all within a matter of three days. I had forgotten how nerve-racking the whole "Three Days" was. Luckily, I remembered that if you play the Song of Time backwards, it slows the current flow of time. A very handy tool in this game.
 I have come across a few people that didn't really care for this game out of all the Legend of Zelda games, but personally, I enjoy it. It's so challenging, and difficult, it has a totally other element that the other games don't have: A time frame of 72 hours to complete certain tasks. Brilliant.
 This is part one of a series of blogs about my 'Re-journey' through this game. As I play through so far, I'll create another blog. Peace, Love, & Video Games, all! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment